Thursday, June 11, 2009

STUCK IN REVERSE

I recently had a conversation wit one of my friends. He was questioning me about my last break up, and for some reason we got on the topic of crankin exes. This brought me back to every post breakup conversation that I've had with just about anyone I've known. and the same quesiton always comes up "So do you think you'll ever get back with her?".............

Apparently it's me but isn't the point of becoming exes, to no longer fuck with said individual?


Now I've had bad breakups, and mild ones, never good ones, or joints that were soso. So I thought to myself...."maybe that's why"...... Well not on my part. I don't believe in holding grudges, it's a waste of time and a waste of my life. So then, why do I never try to "rekindle" some old flame....?

Progression........ For whatever reason people choose to end a relationship, the key word is "end" and that's what should happen. (In my opinion) Now that doesn't mean friendships can't continue from the wreckage but to continue to function which is reminiscent of anything you once did as a couple or whatever doesn't work.

We are all living breathing people, and life's all about progression. That begs the question tho.... WHEN DOES PROGRESSION BECOME REGRESSION?

I mean there are a rack of interpretation of how this can happen, but in relationships, progression becomes regression when you progress by regressing. Prolly lost you but let me upgrade you real quick. After a break up and that dumb mourning period, there is a point where we as individuals reach a crossroad where we're going to move on, or go running back. Progression becomes regression when we utilize methods to get over whoever we're goosin that ultimately bring us down.

Think to your self. How many people do you know who follow the women scorned motif? How many people do you know who jump into relationships directly after their breakup and repeat the same shit that fucked up the last one? How many females do you know that crank like a jack in the box after being hurt? These methods do nothing but bring you back, if not farther back than you were before.

If your going to move on, than that's what you need to do MOVE ON. It maybe harsh depending on the situation but FUCK "BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT". You progress from a break up by taking the positive and the negative and building up on it. If you were wit a bamma and he said you were too clingy and pushed away from you, then give the next bamma space. The key to progressing and not regressing is learning from your mistakes. Not on some "he broke my trust, now fuck dudes, I trust noone" that's regression. Why not be more selective about who you give your trust to.

MOVE FORWARD NOT BACK GROW DON'T SHRINK.


So next time your "moving on", don't close your heart up nor judge the next man(or whatever you like) on previous scenarios. If it's one thing I've noticed, it's that EVERYONE is different. Though some people may have similarities, at our core we're unique.

In a nutshell

PUT YOUR SHIT IN GEAR DON'T GET CAUGHT STUCK IN REVERSE




1 comment:

XIomara OKonkwo said...

thats perfect!!!! I need to copy and paste this to my friend bc I am tired of hearing her sob stories

Blog Archive