Tuesday, February 8, 2011

THE BREAK-UP (REMIX)

Feel free to listen to track 32 on the official AIN'T THAT BOUT A BITCH playlist while reading this quick piece. Some songs are just too short and we have to finds way to make them last just a little longer. This is my contribution.



See, breaking up is hard, but to be honest it's not that difficult
Since we're all adults we've done it before, just had diff'rent results
And I'm just being honest, still speaking with that logic
No need for us to burn this bridge
We're friends, strictly platonic (whoa!?!)
Okay, I may have jumped the gun
We both know that I'm not ready
To give up great sex that's steady
To cut that off would just be petty (right???)
No?... Oh... Well then, forget about it
Go run tell your friends about it,
My mind was set, should've never doubted
My gut, my first instinct, I'll just say man-intuition
Put myself in this position
Going against my stern description
Of... the qualities, I'm looking for, in my lady friend
There's no reason to pretend
I am exhausted, this is the end
So now I'm on, to the next, one
Responding to my texts, fun!
Hanging with my Curren$y, I'm feeling like a Jetson
Feel free, to disagree
But allow me to do the same
My fingerprints are stained on your frame
Good luck deleting me from your brain



A quick shout out to THE MECCA! The REAL HU Howard University for being the setting for Wale's latest video, "The Break Up Song"! If you haven't seen it, and how could possibly not have seen it yet, check it out right here:

No comments:

Blog Archive